Responsible party pursuant to data protection laws, in particular the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), is
Oberzollhauser Steige 4
Telefon: +49 8366 81155-0
Telefax: +49 8366 81155-23
Your rights as the data subject
You can exercise the following rights at any time using the contact details of our data protection officer:
- Information on your data stored by us and the processing thereof (Art. 15 GDPR),
- Rectification of inaccurate personal data (Art. 16 GDPR),
- Deletion of your data stored by us (Art. 17 GDPR),
- Restriction of the data processing, provided that we may not delete your data due to legal obligations (Art. 18 GDPR),
- Objection to the processing of your data with us (Art. 21 GDPR) and
- Data portability, provide that you have consented to the data processing or have entered into a contract with us (Art. 20 GDPR).
If you have given us consent, you may withdraw it at any time, which will remain in effect in the future.
You can contact a supervisory authority with a complaint at any time, e.g. the supervisory authority of the state of your residence or the authority that oversees us as the responsible party.
You’ll find a list of supervisory authorities (for the non-public area) with their respective addresses at: https://www.bfdi.bund.de/DE/Infothek/Anschriften_Links/anschriften_links-node.html.
Collecting general information during a visit to our website
Type and purpose of the processing
When you access our website – i.e. if you do not register or submit information – information of a general nature will be collected automatically. This information (server log files) contains the type of web browser, the operating system used, the domain name of your Internet service provider, your IP address and the like.
It is processed in particular for the following purposes:
- Ensuring an unproblematic website connection
- Ensuring seamless use of our website
- Analysis of system security and stability as well as
- For additional administrative purposes.
We will not use your data to draw conclusions about your person. This type of information will be statistically analysed by us if necessary to optimise our website and its underlying technology.
The processing occurs according to Art. 6 Para. 1 (f) GDPR, based on our legitimate interest in improving the stability and functionality of our website.
Recipients of the data may be technical service providers, who work on the operation and maintenance of our website as the processor.
The data will be deleted as soon as they are no longer required for the reason they were collected. This is generally the case, after the respective session has ended, for data that are used to make the website available.
Mandatory or required provision
The provision of the aforementioned personal data is neither legally nor contractually mandatory. Without the IP address however, the service and functionality of our website are not guaranteed. Furthermore, individual services can be unavailable or limited. For this reason, an objection is excluded.
Type and purpose of the processing
Like many other websites, we use so-called ‘cookies’. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your device (laptop, tablet, smartphone, etc.) when you visit our website.
With cookies, we receive certain information such as IP address, type of browser and operating system used.
Cookies cannot be used to start programs or to transmit viruses to a computer. Based on the information contained in cookies, we can facilitate your navigation of our site and properly display our webpages for you.
The data collected by us will not be shared with third parties under any circumstances nor will a link to personal data be created without your consent.
Retention period and cookies used
In the following sections, we provide you with information concerning how these cookies can (also) pertain to personal data.
In your browser settings, you can delete individual cookies or the entire set of cookies. You will also find information and instructions on how to delete these cookies or prevent them from being saved in advance. The following links provide the information you’ll need for the respective browser providers:
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-cookies-remove-info-websites-stored
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=en
- Opera: https://www.opera.com/o/ie-simple
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH17191?locale=de_DE&viewlocale=en_US
To protect the security of your data during transmission, we use state-of-the-art encryption methods (such as SSL) via HTTPS.
Questions for the data protection officer
If you have any questions pertaining to data protection, please send us an e-mail or contact the person responsible for data protection in our organization: